Jared sits on Advisory Boards for both legal organizations and businesses.
Jared’s practise is restricted to advising on and managing the risk profile for organizations, institutions, and businesses, including contracts, employment matters, and mission critical litigation.
Jared regularly appears before all levels of Courts and Tribunals in Canada, including the Superior Court and Court of Appeal.
As a Bencher of the Law Society of Ontario, Jared sits on the Professional Development and Competence, Tribunal, and Professional Regulation committees.
Jared has testified on legal issues before the Canadian Senate Constitutional and Legal Affairs Committee, and is regularly sought by mainstream media, legal publications, and interest groups for comment and opinion on legal matters. His commentary can be found online at www.brownlaw.ca, including blog posts, youtube broadcasts, podcasts, and speaking engagements and through his twitter handle @litigationguy.
To reach Jared, call 416.975.4043 x223, send him an email, or DM.
• Contract disputes
• Collection of accounts
• Creditor Rights and Enforcement
• Contractors and independent agents
• Employment Litigation – dismissals and employee covenants
• Quasi-employment and Dependent Contractor matters
• Fiduciary Duties
• Commercial Tenancy Matters
• Real Property disputes
• Cross-jurisdictional and International dispute resolution
• Construction lien and litigation matters
• Shareholder disputes and oppression matters
• Commercial Insurance
• Called to the Bar of Ontario in 2002
• LL.B. from University of Windsor Faculty of Law, 2001
• B.A. with Honours from University of Windsor, 1998
- Staffing Companies
- Contingent Workforce solutions providers
- Canadian and U.S. Based Manufacturers
- Software and Technology Companies
- Transportation and Logistics Suppliers
- Resource and Venture Companies
- Insurance Brokerages
- Insurance Underwriters
- Commercial Landlords/Tenants
- Shareholders, Directors, Officers