Jared has been practising since 2002 and is Lead Counsel of Brown Litigation.
Jared advises and represents businesses and organizations in risk management and dispute resolution. Litigating before the Superior Court, Court of Appeal, and various administrative tribunals, Jared has developed a reputation as a trusted advisor, and a successful litigator.
Through Jared’s advocacy experience, he has come to recognize the special and historic role of lawyers as defenders and champions of individual rights and freedoms, and as a bulwark to administrative state overreach.
In May 2017, Jared joined Dr. Jordan B. Peterson testifying before the Senate Legal and Constitutional Affairs committee on government compelled speech. Testimony that has been viewed over 1 million times on Youtube.
Jared spoke at length about authoritarian initiatives emanating from the Law Society in a series of youtube discussions with Dr. Jordan B. Peterson and Professor Bruce Pardy of Queen’s Law.
In February 2018, Jared joined Bruce Pardy, Mr. Paul Schabas (Treasurer of the Law Society), and Mr. Paul Seguil (Chair of the Law Society’s Equity Group) in a CIJA/UJA panel discussion on the Law Society’s requirement for a Statement of Principles.
Most recently, Jared has participated in a variety of panel discussions on issues of free speech and political correctness with Lindsay Shepherd, Dr. Debra Soh, Barbara Kay, Lauren Chen, and Maxime Bernier.
Jared is regularly cited by main stream media and professional publications on legal issues. Jared’s commentary on legal issues can be found on the web at www.brownlaw.ca including a blogs, articles, youtube videos, podcasts, and speaking engagements and on twitter @litigationguy.
To reach Jared, call 416.975.4043, send him an email, or DM.
• Contract disputes
• Collection of accounts
• Creditor Rights and Enforcement
• Contractors and independent agents
• Employment Litigation – dismissals and employee covenants
• Quasi-employment and Dependent Contractor matters
• Fiduciary Duties
• Commercial Tenancy Matters
• Real Property disputes
• Cross-jurisdictional and International dispute resolution
• Construction lien and litigation matters
• Shareholder disputes and oppression matters
• Commercial Insurance
• Called to the Bar of Ontario in 2002
• LL.B. from University of Windsor Faculty of Law, 2001
• B.A. with Honours from University of Windsor, 1998
- Staffing Companies
- Contingent Workforce solutions providers
- Canadian and U.S. Based Manufacturers
- Software and Technology Companies
- Transportation and Logistics Suppliers
- Resource and Venture Companies
- Insurance Brokerages
- Insurance Underwriters
- Commercial Landlords/Tenants
- Shareholders, Directors, Officers